Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The zoo





Just a few things that I have forgotten to write about. I probably won't say much just because I anticipate a long night with Elizabeth. She fell asleep around 6:00 and then woke up around 7:00 screaming horribly. She took a bottle but was very very irritable. She had a cough and rasping chest yesterday, but today it is much worse. She is pulling at her ear and didn't want me to lay her down. She finally fell back to sleep, but I expect she willwake up soon. Please pray for a good night sleep for her and that this condition will not worsen. I hurt for her.

WE went to the zoo today. The kids had a blast. The panda exhibit is unreal. Mark enjoyed carrying Elizzabeth everywhere. Then we went to Walmart. That was fun. The prices are very, very good. We bought Elizabeth a couple of outfits for her to wear and remind her of China. The kids picked up a couple goodmovies for $3.00 (DVD). Libby - I couldn't find scrapbooking stuff there.

When we got home, we rested in the room. Elizabeth only napped whilein the snugli on Mark's chest. SHe has to be exhausted!! Anyways, we went on a walk around the hotel. It was quite the experience. Our family draws alot of attention. People stare at us, say things in Chinese to us and to their freinds, laugh at us (alot), smile at us, touch Elizabeth, touch the boys (not as much as I expected). We were standing on a street corner (taking our lives into our hands) when a motorcycle stopped right in front of us and just stared at Jacob. He was less then a foot from him. We all started laughing. It was if he was stopping to tell Jacob to hop on. Trying to communicate is impossible. I thought we could somehow get our point across when we were here, but I have failed time and time again. I can not communicate even the simplest things, Mark is so great, he tries to talk to lots of people. He smiles and nods and talks to anyone who wants to talk to him. A family must have had an 8 or 9 year old little girl who knew some Chinese. They wanted Mark to talk to her. They all laughed and laughed when Mark did. The little girl got really shy, but beamed the whole time. It was adorable! The sights, sounds, and smells are something else to see! WE did not have the camera or I would send you a picture.

I love Chongqing. It is an amazing city. The sights are phenomenal. I hope to take some pictures for you to see later. The hotel here is something I have never been in before. Amazing!!!! The kids felt like royalty when we first walked in.

Well, I am tired and need to sleep before Elizabeth wakes up. Please pray for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark, Darcy and all 5 children! The zoo pics are great and its great to see Mark - we miss him around here! She's still beautiful! What an adorable little outfit she has in the one picture. I'm praying that she feels so much better now and has had a good night's sleep (you, too, Darcy!). I'm sure Elizabeth is experiencing an amazing set of emotions - has she cried much? Is she eating well? You all remain in my prayers, Louwana