NEED I SAY MORE??First and foremost, please continue to pray for Elizabeth. Her temp was 102.3 about an hour ago. I've emailed home to try to figure out what to do since she threw up all the antibiotics I have. I think she is ofically trying to become a member of the Miller family. We can't do anything normal. Today as a group we had a visit to the medical clinic. There were 27 babies seen in half an hour. We had three check points. AT the first one, she touched her thigh, briefly checked her privates, listened to her lungs. At the second check point,they took her temperature three times and then harshly told me that Elizabeth had a temperature. Then they weighed her. Elizabeth fought HARD!!! They weighed her at 18.2 lbs. But in the hotel, she weighs a little over 15. So, I still do not know how much she weighs. The last check point was the ear, nose and throat. The Doctore squeaked a toy on her right side, then on her left. That was her hearing test. Then he checked her throat and checked her ears for an ear infection. Heres the frustrating thing, he had no instrument to look in her ear. Just looked in as he pulled her ear out. And pushed on her ear, then said "NO ear infection" I was very frustrated because she had a temperature and they didn't seem to care as to why.
After that, we went to a very expensive department store. So much for Emilys cheep shopping! :) We bought Elizabeth new wheels, thus the picture below. Then we came back to the hotel. I had a 2 hour meeting to finish the paper work. Mark took care of the boys and Elizabeth, while the girls went to their friends hotel room. I came back to a very hot potato. She had fallen asleep on Marks chest. He felt horrible for her. We gave her advil. Within an hour she was all smiles, and her fever was down. We canceled our plans for the evening and hung out in the room. That pretty much tells you about our day. We miss everybody and can't wait to come home.


a tuckered out girl

I can drink it just like Daddy
Outside he medical clinic
A not so happy girl getting her medical check

wow...what's out there?

a happy girl
this is for you, Gary
6 comments:
I'm so sorry that your baby is ill! We've been praying for you all and will continue to pray.
It's so much fun to check in daily and read all your journal entries and to look at all the pictures. It's all so fascinating!
Elizabeth is beautiful. She already appears to love her family a great deal. You can really see in her eyes that she is happy.
Isn't it awesome to think that God had her planned for your family long before you knew it. I also like to think about this one....not only did you save her precious little life, but quite possibly her eternity!
God bless you all.
Jodi
The Millers in China. This is hilarious! Lizzy Lee is definitely trying to become a Miller, getting sick, ruining material items, etc. She's a chip off her old mom and dad's block. Soon, she'll have Jacob's strep syndrome (I rebuke myself). Erin: loved your version of the day. You are a card. Mark, you have been brainwashed, as you are smiling in the middle of a mall, on an escalator, with a stroller. OK, gotta go; just glad that my chances of having a Miller daughter-in-law have increased 50%, love DP
I'm a student from Erin's social studies class and I just wanted you to know that the entire class is thinking about you. Mrs. Laslo pulled up this websit on the smartboard last week.
Darcy,
I've forgotten the timeline of your return home. Can you please add the information to one of your entries?
We are praying for your little one's health, and everyone's transition back home.
Just remember please.. China is the country in which Elizabeth was born and it is her Homeland. She will some day read her family's journal of the trip and it would be a shame to have her read a journey filled with scarcasm about China and the Chinese people. It may be a different culture, but it is the Chinese culture from which Elizabeth belongs.
Thank you.
Darcy and family,
I LOVE the picture of the 7 of you outside of the medical exam- what a cool Christmas card that would make! The best gift of all is the small bundle of joy in your arms. Your trip is soon to be over and Elizabeth will bounce right back once she is at home! Your pictures have been wonderful to see.
Take care
Kathy
Post a Comment