
I cried through all of your comments and emails. I am overwhelmed with emotion and joy. I have praised God all night (I laid awake since midnight in awe of our little girl). She is awake now and the most beautiful little girl. Sam and Erin are playing with her, Daddy as well.
Ok, I thought about things I never mentioned yesterday. When I would follow someones journey, there were things I wanted to know. First of all, Aunt Susan.. yes, we keep her for forever now! We filled out all the paperwork yesterday and got an official seal that says she is ours! Second.. this one goes to all who I have asked about the little girl in the pink walker...but especially to Kathy Wong - YES, the nanny confirms that she is Elizabeth! Praise God. I am so thankful for that picture. I have something from her orphanage that I would never have had before. Unfortunately, I do not think that anyone who sent a camera ahead of time recieved it back. That makes me so sad for them.
Next - Libby, I think you asked if any of the babies had a difficult time when transfered to their forever family. God is unbelievable! Not one baby cried. Sophie cried for a small amount of time at one point just because she was hungry! She was smiles up until that point and then smiles right after she ate. I haven't seen the other babies since we got back to the hotel. We will all meet this morning to go tothe zoo. It is famous for the Pandas (Andrea - I will try to get a picture for you and post it!)
Lexi - we read your message to Elizabeth. Thank you for writing to her. Ican't wait for you to hug her too.
Ok, now some information: She sits very well by herself. I was so surprized!! I was expecting a little girl who couldn't sit up. I was told that the orphanage spends 10 minutes a day working with the girls doing calistenics (not sure of that spelling). She can stand when she is leaning up against something. She even pulled herself up to stand. We are amazed. She seems to have a small rattle in her chest and a very slight cough, as well as a nose that produces fluid that Sam does not enjoy...though he is quick to take care of it for me! You can already see that she has lots of hiar, not think but lots of it
Thank you for all the information on mongolian spots. So those of you who haven't read the comments, Mongolian spots often disappear by the age of 5. I wouldn't care at all.... I love her too much!!!
I don't know how much she weighs. I am going to find out today if I can find a scale in the workout room.
Do you all remember me saying that I would not let the kids feed her, diaper her, change her, etc? Ha! Can you tell how quick that lasted based on the picture of Sam? I am realizing at this point that is not an issue. Mark and I have had alot of alone time with her already. The kids have a separate adjoining room. The kids are making sure that I get her at any point. I have to keep reminding them that it is ok and I will take her when I think I need to. I was the first to get her to smile!!! Boy did I like that! It sealed it for me that she knows I am mom (stop laughing.. I can fool myself if I want to).
Ok, I will try to write in just a few minutes more info. Erin wants to IM her friends.
2 comments:
She's so beuutiful! I am very happy for your family!
Darcy,
WE KNEW IT!! ELIZABETH IS THE PINK WALKER GIRL! I am in tears right now, knowing that the little girl that looks and acts like our Lindsey Mei has a home and I know her mommy and daddy! We have video of Elizabeth taken in August that we will get to you! And the 3 pictures taken of her at the orphanage. She is such a sweetie! Give her a hug and kiss from me and her room mate Lindsey (Qian Mei Ke).
Kathy Wong
Post a Comment