Thursday, November 02, 2006

Honorable Mention



We attended the soccer banquet last night for the high school girls soccer team. It was a wonderful banquet, very well done. I enjoyed it. Erin had a great season. She earned a varsity letter as a freshman. But the bigger honor, I think, is that she was selected to the Ohio Capital Conference Honorable Mention Team. We are very proud of her.
Each of the girls were given a CD with pictures that a gentleman took during the season. These are 2 of my favorites.


Elizabeth went trick or treating for the first time. What fun we had watching her. She thought it was so cool to walk up to a house, stand there and smile and then have someone put candy in her bag! Wow! She would smile, look at me, then tell them "thank you" in sign language. Of course, most people thought she was blowing them kisses. I think it thrilled the hearts of the older people. She was quite the hit at their doorstep. At one point, we split up. I took Jacob and Mark took Elizabeth. When Mark brought Elizabeth into the house, he poured the candy all over the floor. He thought she would be thrilled to play with it. But, no! She tried to zip her costume back up and then pointed at the door. She wanted to go out for more! It was adorable.

What's this picture??? Well, we need to get Elizabeth a US passport. When and if we are approved to adopt, we will need to have a passport for Elizabeth to travel with us. The other kids all got theirs when we went to China. Instead of paying $15.00 a passport picture (we need at least 3), I take the pictures at home and make them myself. This is the result. I thought it was so cute, I wanted to share.


Elizabeth is all dressed and ready for church. When we were in China, I loved this coat. I bought it so that she would have something from her home country to wear. She has no clue where it's from.. and I believe she really does not care. But... I love it. She is a real hit when she "struts" around in it. She loves the fur collar. It is so soft.
Sam stuck this hat on Elizabeth's head as we were getting ready for church on Sunday. We all thought she looked so cute in it that we just had to snap another picture.

No comments: