It has been a long time since I have sat down and journaled anything about our life. My life has been consumed with our daily schedule and with other projects I have begun. My father-in-law has asked me time and time again if I would put this blog into a book. I giggle each time, but honestly, I have taken his thought quite seriously and have searched and searched for a way to do it. I think that I have finally discovered how. Since I found a way, I have been burying myself into the project. Unfortunately, that has taken my thoughts away from journaling here.
As for our family, we are all doing well. It seems to me that God is beginning to direct our family in ways that we were not expecting and certainly in ways that I had pretty much told Him "NO WAY". But, like the adoption of Elizabeth, He has a way of changing my heart and mind. As for what? I can't share the details at this point. I will when I am able to actually write it down. Until then, I would ask for your prayers.
The kids are great. Emily is driving now (with a permit). She is a very good driver, but I have to admit that it is very hard to not have control of the wheel when she is merging into another lane. My heart begins to pound anytime I see her make a mistake. She is my little girl and the thought of her being in an accident drives me crazy! I'm learning to let go, but boy is it hard. I think it is harder for the first child because all these experiences are new to us.
Erin just finished an outstanding first year of high school soccer. She made the paper for many of the games, I think her picture was in the news at least 6 times. We actually asked her if she new the guy or something. She played with a great group of girls and learned a lot about high school sports.
Sam is trying out for the basketball team. We are so proud of him. He is working hard and very excited about it. He has the heart of a lion!
Jacob is reading, reading, reading,... preparing for the Battle of the Books team. He is hoping to make it in the springtime. It has been his dream for years. He is growing up so much.
Elizabeth is beginning to really talk. She repeats just about anything. She is even being able to be understood at times. She has finally begun to sleep through the night a few nights. She still takes a bottle. I took it away for a few days, but then she refused to drink any milk and almost anything else. I figures that it just wasn't worth the lack of nutrition. She is such a poor eater as it is. So, she enjoys her bottle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment