Monday, April 10, 2006

A sad momemt

This morning I was reading some emails from others who adopted from Chongqing. Someone was blessed to be able to visit the orphanage the same day that we adopted Elizabeth. She posted the pictures online for us to be able to view. I sat Elizabeth on my lap as I looked at them. If you remember, she is able to say please using sign language. Well, as the pictures of babies came up she smiled. When she saw the outside of the orphanage, she said please. Then when she saw a nanny, she smiled and said please even louder. As we went through them she began to smile and say please with both hands. It broke my heart. Obviously, she remembers the orphanage. THe joy of it all is that she smiles when she sees it. It was her home and she loved it. SHe was only 10 1/2 months old when she left, but it was her home.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is the cutest, sweetest thing and yet it breaks my heart.