

The ad stirs up a ton of emotions! I ache with a deep sadness to see so many precious little ones orphaned. I am torn between leaping with joy to have a picture of our daughter at such a young age and crying because one of these babies is my little girl! But I rejoice, also, because God was working His plan out long before she was ever orphaned. In July, 6 1/2 months before she was born, He had our family praying for her specifically! I look back at our prayers and remember praying for her health and development while while she was growing her in mothers' womb! I can't remember exactly when, but I remember our prayers transitioning from pregnancy to delivery and when she would be orphaned. I believe it was sometime in January! Wow!! We began praying more fervantly for the time when her parents would be forced, in their minds, to abandon her. We prayed for them during their grieving and for Elizabeth during her time of grieving. We prayed for their souls that if they did not know Jesus Christ as their savior, that He would send someone into their lives to share the truth with them. We asked God to provide for Elizabeth the things she would need and to hold her in His arms. We asked that she might feel His presence and hear His voice, to comfort her when she cried and to keep her warm and safe. We prayed that someone would whisper His name into her ear. I KNOW that God has taken care of her. Someday, I pray that she will understand how He truly never left her nor forsook her! He had a plan for her little life and was orchestrating every detail of it.... even before she was born!
No comments:
Post a Comment