Monday, August 14, 2006

Mamaw and Papaw brought Lydia & Chloe's house for Elizabeth to play in. She loves it. She loves going inside and peeking out the windows.

Off to the creek.


Some snuggle time with big brother, Sam.

Just a week before the kids start school, I hate this time of year. I would much rather the kids be home with me all of the time. But.. they do have to learn, so I guess I have to deal with them going to school. We took advantage of some extra time and went for a walk to the creek. We had a great time.

I am not so sure I have updated you on Elizabeth's progress. She still weights 22.7 pounds and is around 30 inches long. She is really beginning to try to talk. It is so much fun watching her. She has added the following words to her vocabulary: bye, please, thank you (I think), Eli, Paul, "Pa" (for Grandpa). The words that she could say were: hi, dog, eyes, hot, uh-oh, Ty (our dog), mommy, daddy. I am sure I am forgetting some, but I am thrilled at her progress. She is watching my mouth very closely when I speak certain words. It is fun to see her try to make her mouth do the same thing. I never noticed that with the other kids. I was singing a tune using the words "la-la". She started singing the tune with me. It was adorable!

Ty and CHuck are still some of her favorite "things" to play with. She loves them (as you can see in the picture above). We almost lost Ty the other day. He was foaming at the mouth and started having horrible seisures. I thought we had lost him for good. He began seisure after seisure. At first we thought he had rabies, but after taking him to the vet, they think he has epilespsy. Mark and I truly think he might have been poisoned by something. We have never seen him have seisures before. It is rare for it to come on so intensely. Usually, with epilepsy, the dog has siesures before that slowly (after time) may progress to multiple seisures. Anyways, we almost lost the poor guy. It was a scary sight to see him, unfortunately Sam and Jacob saw him too. Ty is Sam's dog, so it was very, very difficult for him.

She has become much more social and will even reach her hands out to strangers. But once they grab her she looks at me with panic written all over her face and reaches back for me. We often see her walk straight up to people and just stand there and stare at them. It is funny. I wonder what is going on in her little mind. Small kids and babies fascinate her. She always LOVES to go up to them and touch them.

As far as sleep, she still does not sleep through the night. Every now and then she has, but I can count the number of times on one hand! She is a very difficult eater. I can hardly find good things for her to eat. Her absolute favorite thing is popsycles. She is constantly walking to the fridge and doing the sign for popcorn. Why? Well, she heard the pop part in popcorn and ever since has thought that the sign for popcorn is popsycle. It is very cute. So, I try to become creative and try to get her to eat some healthy popsycles. I have bought frozen fruit in the form of them, she loves them! I also buy gogurts and freeze them. She will eat those too.

Well, as you possibly read earlier.. we have begun the paperchase for another baby. Please pray for the baby, smooth paperchasing, our family, the finances to provide for the cost of adopting, and ... please pray for Elizabeth that her heart be prepared for this little one. Thank you!

No comments: