



I think that parenting is the hardest job anyone has ever had. It is not a 9-5 job. There isn't a time clock to punch. You are on the job 24-7. The paycheck is negative.... you make $0.00 and spend tons. It isn't a job that you can just quit because you don't like it anymore or it is too difficult or you are bored. You can't change jobs. No matter what you do, you have that job for the rest of your life. You constantly have to evaluate situations, make crucial decisions on the spot, make difficult decisions that could effect or influence someone forever. It isn't easy. Your decisions don't effect a company, they effect something for more crucial... a life. And it isn't just any life, it is your childs life.
But, despite the low pay, the rewards or invaluable. The trials are severe, the tests that you go through are difficult, the pain can be unbareable at times.. .. but oh how rich the rewards can be. At the end of the day, when it's all said and done, the treasure God trusted you with is priceless. The joy that you feel when you look into the eyes of that little gift (or big gift) is indescribable. No bonus check, no rewards trip, no honor or promotion could ever compare to the hug, the smile, the "thanks mom", the "I need you, mom", ... the joy of a child.
Yes, I love being a mom. I'm worn out and seem to be getting more worn out... but oh how much I love being a mom. I have the 5 most precious children in all the world! Though others may not see them as perfect, they are perfect for me. In all their glory (good and bad), they are gifts from God!
I have truly enjoyed my kids this summer, as well as my 3 nieces and 1 nephew. It has been a wonderful summer. I am so sad to see it coming to an end. I have so enjoyed having them home with me. In just 2 weeks, they will be back in school. Erin has already started full swing. Last week, she had band camp for the entire week. 7-3 every day. She is now with her soccer team camping. They spend 2 1/2 days "bonding" as a team, then she begins 2-a-days. We hardly see her. Sam and Jacob have begun soccer already. It saddens me to see them off and running again.
Elizabeth is finally beginning to say a few more words. Mamaw and Papaw and Uncle Paul took her and the kids to the fair yesterday. She loved it. I have been working on her sounds of animals for so long, but she only barks like a dog and moos like a cow. Yesterday, she was able to "baaa" like a lamb. She thought she was so cool. She then proceeded to make the sound of a horse, cat, and pig upon command. She cracks me up. Out of the blue, she pointed to her eyes and said "eyes". After that, she was able to show me all the main parts of her body as I asked her to. She still has little to do with shapes or colors, but we are making progress. I have a feeling she will be like Sam. She won't let me know she knows anything until she is good and ready and it is on her time. One day, Sam couldn't sing any of the alphabet. The next day, he sang it all the way through. I guess it all goes in and they soak it up. When they feel like it, they let me know.
I had her into the doctor the other day for a very hoarse voice. She tends to get hoarse when she is sick. She was fine. But I was able to wiegh her again. She weighs 22.7 pounds and still is 30 inches long. I can't remember when her last appt was, but I think she weighed the same and measured the same then too. She is finally fitting into 18 month clothes very well. I haven't tried pants on though, I imagine she will be in 12 month. She is a chunky little thing. I call her my chunky monkey.
She still wakes up at night wanting me to just pat her back and reassure her that I am there. She really doesn't do well when she thinks I have left her, especially if she doesn't feel well. We are making a little progress in the nursery at church. She screams all out screams for about 15 minutes. Then she settles down and whimpers off and on. But if something happens that causes her to be upset, it is over until I come back. It kills me to hear her cry. I feel like she thinks I'm leaving her and not coming back. I know they have to learn, but I don't see her learning! All I can think of is that I am triggering something in her that makes her relive some of those feelings all over again. Ugh. I hate it!
Well, that updates everyone just a little. All is well here. Emily gets her permit for driving next week. Yippee. I could use an extra driver around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment