Here is how they looked this morning.... looking pretty happy for their first day, I think!

But at the end of the school day, the faces were quite different. Emily was down and shared with me that it was the longest day of her life. Erin said the day just dragged by. Sam thought 2 of his teachers were crazy... but that is a good thing, he loves crazy teachers (so he loved his day). Jacob was as down as I have ever seen him. It was a very, very tough day for him. It broke my heart. Needless to say, it was hard for me. I still have not yet seen Erin and it is now 8:30 at night! She had an away soccer game right after school.
For those of you who know Erin and have heard of her playing for a boys team, this year is quite different. At first, it was very difficult to give up playing with the boys she had spent the last 5 years playing with. They all went on to play for the high school boys team... but Erin was not allowed. For the first time, she was going to play serious ball with all girls. It has taken a little time for her to make the adjustment, but she is finally feeling comfortable. Erin set a goal for herself several years ago that she wanted to make the varsity team when she was a freshman. I know it is a very high goal, but it was her goal none the less. I was able to watch her first high school game Tuesday. It was so much fun to watch. The girls really worked well as a team. Erin did reach her goal. She was a starter on the Varsity Squad. Knowing what goal she had set for herself so many years ago, it was a joy to watch her run onto the field when they announced her name and her grade. They won their first game of the season. If you would like to read the details, the newspaper highlighted some of them. Here is the link. I think it will make you smile! http://www.mountvernonnews.com/Sports/082306/02.html
Her daddy and I are very proud of her.
1 comment:
I am so proud of your beautifuls children Darcy! Look how precious they all are.
Post a Comment