


Two buddies.What a joy it is to be the mom of 5 kids. They are constantly reminding me of God’s love and presence in my life. I thought I would share a little update on our “hot pistol” (as Mark tends to call Elizabeth). She is recovering from her pneumonia. She still has some raspy breathing, but is so much better. Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts. She is growing so quickly. It astounds me. She is now 20.4 pounds, but I have no clue how tall she is. She is running everywhere she can. She loves the ability to walk. When she first started walking, both hands were straight up in the air. Now, she walks with arms at her side. I loved the arms in the air. It was adorable! She still loves music. The only thing she enjoys on tv is the DVD's Praise Baby and Sesame STreet 25th Music Celebration. Both are full of music. She boogies to fast beat music, though her rythm is hilarious. She still loves the dogs and now will back up to Ty and sit right down on him. Stages that she has left and I miss oh so much.... peek-a-boo, scrunchy smily face just to get people to laugh, patting me on the back as if saying "thanks mom", and backward waves and waving to anyone just to wave. It is so sad when she moves onto different stages. But, I am confident we are heading for more adorable stages. As far as smiling… she is full of smiles. Her whole face scrunches up, her eyes practically disappear and her one tooth shines. It makes me smile from ear to ear when I see her light up. As of a few days ago, there is another tooth popping through her gums. Yippee - 2 teeth.
As far as speaking goes? Well, she just plain doesn’t. I’m not too sure why, maybe it is the language change, maybe it is she is just not ready, or maybe it is because there are 6 others who do the talking for her. Who knows. She is very good at saying “please” in sign language and is now beginning to work on “thank you”. The words I think she has said in the past, though stubbornly refuses to repeat, are: momma, dadda, Sam, Jacob, Em, Chuck, Ty (sorry Erin… she hasn’t figured that one out), grandpa, hi, uh-oh, dog, and God. She has mastered shaking her head “no” though she doesn’t say it.
Her sleeping is getting a little better. She only woke up once last night. Yeah. I am so thrilled. After having to sleep with her for 5 days, I thought it was going to be a nightmere trying to get her to sleep in her crib again. God is so faithful. She has slept wonderfully, for her, since the hospital stay.
Well, the biggest challenge I have ahead of me is breaking the bottle and separation anxiety. Both are very intense. The bottle is her pure joy. She loves it and beams with excitement when she sees it. During her pneumonia she was addicted to it. We had to give it to her to push all the liquids we could so consequently, she had it all the time. I am now only giving it to her at bedtime and naptime. I am trying to wean her from it rather then cold turkey! As far as separation anxiety… UGH!! She screams a terrifying scream when I leave her with anyone she doesn’t know well. She loves Daddy and will stay with him in a heartbeat. She loves the kids and will stay with them out of a little protest that doesn’t last long at all. She will stay with Grandma and Grandpa and Mamaw but is sad during the stay. If I even attempt to walk out of the room with anyone else, she protests with terror!
She eats pretty well. She doesn’t eat like she did when we first brought her home. I think she is having a reaction to whole milk. Every time I give her whole milk in the bottle or cup, that night she wakes up with horrible stomach pains. I can’t figure out if it is the milk or just a coincidence. I am trying to monitor it. But other then milk, she seems to do fine with most anything.
Well, for now, that is a quick update on our little girl. I hope you enjoyed the picture. I finally found something to use to take it.
1 comment:
Darcy,
Try giving her goat's milk. Kroger has it. Cow's milk is so hard for our bodies to break down and digest. Goat's milk is what I was raised on, by the way, and it's very healthy! See if that is easier on her little system.
Post a Comment