The Short Version
How did we ever to come to this point? Most people are curious. Mark and I tell this differently. If you are like my husband, you want it short and to the point. So for those of you like him, hears the quick details and you won’t have to read any further. While driving my kids to soccer camp in July, I heard a message on Focus on the Family about a family who had adopted their daughter from China. The kids and I were deeply moved. When I shared the story with Mark, he said that he had thought about that before and encouraged me to begin getting information. After a month or so, I actually began searching. After prayer and several deep discussion with our children, we decided to apply to America World Adoption Agency to adopt our daughter from China. Mark had been reading a book written by John Piper, Don’t Waste Your Life. God had been using that book to prepare Mark for this decision. God had been using the need of others for me to watch their little ones in the summer of 2004 to change my life and prepare my heart for a baby. And God used some very serious discussions with our children and a “round-table” talk to solidify our decision. The kicker was our youngest son. Each of the kids were asked why they wanted to adopt. After hearing his sister say something about saving a child from an orphanage and Mark reminding her that even if we saved one, there would be thousands more that we hadn’t helped. When it was Jacob’s turn, he said “Well, I kind of agree with Erin,….. Even if we can only save one, at least one is better then none.” In Jacob’s precious and innocent, sweet thought, our hearts were confirmed and the wheels were set in motion.
For those of you who don’t like details, that’s about the just of the story. May God be glorified and may we serve Him as He changes the life of Elizabeth and the life of each of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment