A very precious friend of mine asked if I could post Jacob's essay. So.. here is his wonderful essay.
D.A.R.E. Essay, by Jacob Miller (5th grade)
In the D.A.R.E. program, I have learned many things. I have learned how to make good decisions using the D.A.R.E. decision-making model. When I am in a risky situation I have learned there are many ways to say no. There are also many bad things that can happen to you from a life of drugs.
These things I have learned are all very important. The decision making model helps you make good decisions by making you think about your problem, decide your choices, choose one choice and think about your decision. When you say no to negative peer pressure, you can use many methods. An example of this would be the cold shoulder or using humor. This is important because it helps you to get out of peer pressure and stay out of drugs. One thing that had an impact on me is the body problems that some drugs can cause. Tobacco is the most common cause of lung cancer and contains nicotine, which is powerfully addictive. Marijuana is illegal in the United States but if someone uses it, it seriously affects their brain and body. Alcohol can damage every single organ in your body as well as increase the risk of car crashes and violence. That is why the knowledge of these drugs has had such an impact on me.
These things I have learned will help me make good decisions, counter negative peer pressure, and show me the many harmful things that can happen to you from doing drugs. I have enjoyed D.A.R.E. because it teaches you important things about drugs and violence. It is important to avoid these things so you can stay healthy and lead a healthy and prosperous life.
I pledge not to do any harmful drugs. D.A.R.E. has shown me that these drugs are harmful to your brain and body. That is why I am making a pledge not to do drugs and to live a long and healthy life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment