Elizabeth loves riding in my backpack. Whenever she sees it, she runs to it and starts begging to get in it. The two of us joined Jacob's field trip yesterday. She spent 3 hours on my back and loved every minute of it. This is the view up close and personal!
Just a quick shot while we waited around listening to the teacher teach the kids about a pond.
We spent part of Mother's Day with Mamaw. The highlight for Elizabeth was this moment of pure joy! Mamaw gave her a taste of the cool whip off of the dessert. For the next 5 minutes, she sat on Mamaw's lap with her mouth wide open waiting for the next bite!I can hardly believe how time has flown. Elizabeth has been a part of our life for over 6 months. She will be 16 months on the 21st. Wow! What a joy she has brought to our home. The kids are still totally in love with her. None of us can imagine our family without her.
Softball has added a new dimension to our life. I am coaching, so Mark and the boys have had to do a great deal of playing with Elizabeth. It gets rather interesting during games. She doesn't want to just sit and watch!
Right now, she is trying to say some words. They aren't coming out exactly right, but I can tell she is beginning to try to repeat things. She still only has 4 teeth. Those 4 are pretty crooked, hopefully as she loses them later, the others will come in straighter. She still tries to grind them once in a while, but when she does, she immediately looks at me and waits for my comment on it. She still loves bathtime. As soon as I say bath, she turns and heads for the bathtub. She hates naptime and bedtime. She clings to me and cries as soon as I lay her in the crib. For some reason, she is frightened. We are working through this one, but it is a little tough. I think she is trying hard to follow in her older siblings footsteps. Whenever she sees a soccer ball or basketball, she squeals then kicks it all over the place. I find it interesting that she kicks it all the time rather then picks it up. Her favorite things, still, is to be outside. She could be happy and content all day long as long as she is out side doing anything.
She is getting very comfortable with all of our extended family members that she sees often. She is still very leary of strangers or acquaintances... but that is improving a bit. She is daring to just walk off, but will look behind her shoulder just to make sure I am still around. As far as nursery at church.. she is improving. Sunday, she actually staying 25 minutes without screaming. Then last night, she managed 30 minutes. She didn't cling for dear life to me when we walked into the nursery. She held on tight, but let go long enough to start playing. She even let me walk away, though she didn't actually see me leave the room. All in all, we are making great strides!
Well, that is a little more on ourlittle girl. I hope all is well with all of your families. God is faithful!
1 comment:
Darcy, your words on this blog always end up inspiring me to write on one of my own blogs about God.
Thanks!
Jennifer
Post a Comment