Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Qian Jia Ke.... Elizabeth... our daughter/sister

It is true that God's timing is perfect. His plans are far greater then our plans. His word is the truth, the ABSOLUTE truth, the only truth. As much as I would like to interpret things for my own understanding and my own desires, His truth never waivers and stays firm! He is the all-in-all. His ways are perfect and just. He is the light, the way, the truth. He is our God and may praise be given to Him. May He be glorified through this journey!!!

It is with great joy that we share with you the news of our little girl. Elizabeth Li Miller has been given the Chinese name of Qian Jia Ke. She was born on January 21, 2005 and is just 8 1/2 months old. What an answered prayer! She will be just over 10 months old when we hold her in our arms for the first time.

She is a little one. At 6 months old, she weiged 5.8 kg and measured 62 cm. We believe that makes her about 12.7 pounds and close to 25 inches long. According to growth charts, she is in the 5th percentile. I believe she will be about 16 pounds when we unite with her.

Her temporary home, for now, is in an orphange in Chongqing named Qian Jiang. We have been told that she is healthy and beautiful.

For now, that is the information that we have been given. We will see her precious face this evening. Until then, we praise God for His gift to our family!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I am SOOO excited for you! I've been checking back to see about any new news! Elizabeth is such a lucky girl - and in a couple of months, you'll be able to BE with her! God is amazing!
If you are looking for a comparision in size for a baby - in the newest pictures on my website, my daughter is a little over 19lbs. So, Elizabeth will be just a little smaller than that when she arrives!
I'll pray for you as you prepare to bring her home. And all of the changes that brings! I can't wait to see a picture! I rejoice with you!!
p.s. MY birthday is January 21st!!