We sometimes take our life for granted. We just go on as if God does not exist and we are given a lifetime to live, never imagining anything will happen. Yesterday, in a brief minute, I was reminded of how precious life is. Once again, the hand of God was upon our life. As undeserving and as unfaithful as I often am to God, He intervened and carried Elizabeth and I through an accident that could have ended our lives as well as the lives of 3 others. I will never understand the ways of the Lord, but I praise Him for His faithfulness and protection.
Yesterday I took Erin, Elizabeth and 2 boys to a soccer game. The boys were to stay at the game and get another ride home. Erin was suppose to come home with me, but at the last minute she was asked to stay and play a game with another team. She had a way home so we approved. I offered to take another young lady home who really didn't want to play, but she chose to stay and watch. Praise God. Elizabeth and I headed home because we had to watch Sam's last basketball game. On my way, I recall enjoying the fact that I was not in a hurry. Elizabeth had fallen asleep. I had plenty of time to make it to Sam's game. I noticed that the tire sensor light had come one and knew that I needed to get to a gas station soon to check the air in my tire.
As I was driving, I heard a loud pop and instantly I lost control of the van. I was driving at least 50-55 mph. My van hit a ditch, flew out, tipped to it's side. I was sure we were going to flip, but by the grace of God we went back on all 4's only to begin tipping and rocking back and forth. I managed to get it enough in control that the tetering stopped and we swung around 180 degrees and landed in a ditch. I assumed that my tire had blown completely. Something weird had happened with the tire. Elizabeth was awake and screaming, but ok. I lifted her out of her seat and comforted her then noticed that a black car was against a telephone pole. I had remembered seeing a black car but had no idea I had hit it. Evidently he was passing me and another car as this happened. My van must have hit him. I believe he rolled over his car and landed in the ditch. We still do not know what exactly happened. We can not find my tire anywhere. The patrolman does not think my tire blew but thinks something weird might have happened to it causing me to lose control since the tire sensor came on. He is not sure whose fault it is because he does not know for sure what happened.
When I went to check on the black car, a man and a woman had gotten out. She was 9 months pregnant and due in 3 days. My heart sank. But even in all of this, God's hand was all over it. The women in the other car that the man was passing was a paramedic. She was able to instantly be with the pregnant woman. Praise God. Again, by God's grace alone, they were not injured. Their car is totaled, but neither the man, the woman, or the baby were hurt. I am still in awe of God.
Have you thought about your life recently? I know I have. My kids have too. Jacob ran to me and hugged me with all he had. Later that evening he walked into the room I was in and with saddness on his face, shared with me how he felt when he heard I was in an accident. It had scared him and made him think. We all thought of what could have been. I praise God that if He had chosen to take me home, I know that I would be in His hands for all eternity. I pray that the couple that was in the accident are thinking about their life too and realize who protected them through it all. Please pray for them and for their baby.
We are without a van for a spell. I am not sure how long that will be. Please pray that all the details can be worked out. It will be another trial, but we will praise God through it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So scare me to death, why don't 'ya! You can't leave this earth without us getting to meet first. ;)
I'm soooo happy you're all o.k.!
oh my goodness! i was brought to tears reading this...i promise that all involved will be in my prayers tonite! i am so glad that you & elizabeth are safe...
Praise God.
Post a Comment